Garmin Express is software used to download and install the latest Garmin map updates for your device. These updates are released by Garmin several times a year. Garmin Express is available for Windows and Mac computers.
How to update Garmin Map?
Open the Garmin Express website. Go to garmin.com/express in your computer's browser.
- Click Download for Windows. It's a blue button in the middle of the page. Doing so will prompt the Garmin Express setup file to begin downloading onto your computer.
- If installing Garmin Express on a Mac, you'll click Download for Mac instead.
- Some browsers will mark the Garmin download page as an unsafe location. This is a false flag; the Garmin Express installation file does not contain a virus.
- Install Garmin Express. To do so:
- Windows - Double-click the setup file, follow any prompts to the "Install" page, check the "I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions" box, click Install, and click Yes when prompted.
- Mac - Open the Garmin Express DMG file, verify the software if necessary, click and drag the Garmin Nuvi app icon onto the "Applications" folder icon, and follow any prompts.
- Attach your Garmin Nuvi to your computer. Plug one end of the Garmin Nuvi's charging cable (usually the smaller end) into the Garmin Nuvi unit, then plug the USB end into one of your computer's USB ports.
- On a Mac, you may need a USB 3.0 to Thunderbolt adapter in order to do this and forr Gramin map updates
Open Garmin Express. Double-click the app icon to do so.
- Click Get Started. It's a blue button near the top of the Garmin Express window.
- Click Add a Device. This large "＋" icon is in the upper-left side of the window.
Click Add Device when prompted. This will begin the Garmin Nuvi setup process.
- Complete the setup. Follow any on-screen instructions to finish setting up your Garmin Nuvi and open the dashboard.
- The dashboard is the page with the house-shaped icon in the upper-left corner.
- Click Install All. It's at the top of the window. The Garmin Nuvi will begin updating.
Wait for your Garmin Nuvi to finish installing updates. It can take several hours for all of the Garmin Nuvi's updates to install. Once the installation is complete, you can disconnect safely the Garmin Nuvi.
- You can re-update the Garmin Nuvi at any time by opening Garmin Express, clicking the house-shaped tab, selecting your Garmin Nuvi, and clicking Install All.